2/18/2020

Be Still and Listen

Today I'm featuring another card that has Prismacolor pencils over Copic markers.. The image is from one of my favorite new series at Stamping Bella - the Bundle Girls.
This image is for the color challenge this week at CAS Colours & Sketches.
https://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2020/02/challenge-358-colors.html
I felt the colors worked well with this image.  And it was fairly fast to color as the flowers just needed a bit of shading.  Because the colors are so light it was difficult to get the added touch of shadows needed with only markers.  So I went over the image with pencils.  While the pencils did add depth and smoothness, it is not as evident as in other cards I've colored.  However, I didn't take photos of those and I did this time!  I'll have to remember to take before and after photos again, on an image where it really shows.  This is with just the marker:
And here it is with the pencils on top:
You can see how it added a bit more contrast and smoothed out the shading.

I wasn't sure about the sentiment until I ran across this one.  I had never used it before but it seemed tailor made for this image!  I added the frame in white and stacked three Daffodil Delight frames underneath giving it just a hint of yellow.

Stamps: Stamping Bella Bundle Girl with Flower; Impression Obsession C19088
Cardstock: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Copic markers & Prismacolor pencils (markers are listed first, pencils listed by number only) - Daffodil Delight Y11, Y13, Y15, 916, 1003, 1012; Grapefruit Grove YR00, YR61, YR65, 921, 1001; Pear Pizzazz G20, G40, G43, 912,1096; Skin E00, E01, E11, 997,939;  Dirt E53, E55, E54, 943, 945; Shadows N0, N1, 1065
Accessories: rhinestone

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.

post signature

8 comments:

  1. Such a darling image!!! Makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a darling image and so beautifully colored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful coloring!! And I love this adorable fairy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sentiment and the composition of your card, just delightful xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just adorable .... and again ... so beautifully coloured!

    ReplyDelete