1/04/2019

Woofing You a Happy Birthday!

Happy Friday! I have a fun and easy card today that uses mainly dies.  It goes together quickly and can be personalized for the recipient.
I wrote FIDO on the dog house sign but you could print the name of the recipient's pet.  I decided to keep the card relatively clean and simple so I resisted the urge to add shading with a sponge and some ink.  I do think it would also look lovely shaded.
To start I cut all pieces from various colors of cardstock.  I chose the Bermuda Bay as my accent color because I decided to use a Bermuda Bay ribbon.  The rest are neutrals.
I cut an A2 top fold card base from Bermuda Bay and two panels - one 5 3/8 x 4 1/8 from white cardstock and one 5 1/4 x 4 from  patterned paper.  I used the second largest Wacky Stitched Rectangle to cut another white panel.  I stamped my sentiment on this panel.
After adding the ribbon and tying a bow, I used foam tape to adhere the stitched panel to the card at angle.  The angle and dimension really adds some interest to the card.
Finally I added all the other pieces, popping the puppy off the card using foam dots.

Dies: Cottage Cutz Nested Wacky Stitched Rectangle Set and Doghouse with Pup and Hydrant
Stamps: MFT Lucky Dog

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment