3/15/2018

3-D Thursday and a Z-Fold Card

Aloha!  I'm in Hawaii for this 3-D Thursday so I thought I'd post a tropical card!
This is a landscape Z-fold card.  A super easy dimensional card to make.  Start with cardstock that is 4 1/4 x 11 inches and score and fold it at the 5 1/2 inch mark.  Next, score the front of the card at the half way point - 2 3/4 inches.  Fold this back on itself. The front of the card is now only half as wide as the back and the folds are opposite - a Z!

To make the support for the "fun stuff", cut a strip of cardstock or thick patterned paper 11 inches x at least 1 1/2 inches high.  My example is 2 1/8 - half the height of the card.  This really is dependent on what you are putting in the card, but you want it sturdy enough for all your die-cuts!  Fold this in the same manner as the card itself, just opposite as shown above.


For the inner supports, cut strips 1/2 x 3 3/4, scoring and folding 1/2 inch from each end.  These get inserted in the open area created by the large support strip.  I usually use two, however you can use more or less to suit your needs.



I colored this image with Copic markers and decorated it with some tropical paper that I had.  The colors in this paper had never seemed that "tropical" to me but with this image, I love them!  I used the dies that coordinated with the paper to create the foliage.

Stamps: Stamping Bella Tropical Squidgies

Paper and Dies: Stampin' Up! retired 

Mahalo for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment