1/05/2018

Love in the Mail

I'm posting another Valentine today using the Love Postage die.  I just love this die; it's one of my favorites and makes a striking simple card!
To begin, I used a white A2 card base (8 1/2 x 5 1/2 scored and folded at the 4 1/4 inch mark.) 
I cut six red stamps and five "love" words from white card stock and one from black card stock.  I saved the little white hearts from the center of the word.
This card is pretty straightforward but did require some math (which I did for you) and some measuring.  I wanted the stamps to all line up and have an equal border.  Each stamp is 1 1/2 inches so I could make my borders around the edges and in between 1/4 inch.  My white panel for the top of  the card measures 5 1/2 x 3 3/4 inches.
Look closely and you will see the pencils lines.  I lightly marked guidelines 1/4 inch on each side and then 2 inches up from the bottom. (1/4 + 1 1/2 + 1/4)
I lined up the stamp bases on the top and bottom using the guidelines on the sides.  For the stamps in the middle I used the guideline at the 2 inch mark.  In this way I could get everything to line up with minimal pencil marks.  I then very carefully erased the marks.
Before finishing the stamps and gluing the front panel to the card base, I cut a strip of red card stock 3/4 x 5 1/2 inches and glued it to the right side of the card base.  I also cut two of the heart borders from the Sweet Love Borders die.  I needed two since they are not quite 5 1/2 inches long.  However, they go together seamlessly when glued down.
After gluing the front panel over the card base with strip, I was left with a 1/2 inch strip of red on the side.  I adhered the heart borders to that, bumped them right up to the edge of the front panel and cut off the excess.  For the "Love" word I used my clear ruler as a guideline to glue those 1/4 inch above the edge of each stamp.
For my last stamp I used the black "Love" and a white heart.

Dies used: Cottage Cutz Love Postage and Sweet Love Borders.

Thanks for visiting today!  Don't forget to follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment